OASIS - CACI, Inc. - Federal
CACI and OASIS – The Ideal Team to Implement Your Professional Services Solutions
OASIS (One Acquisition Solution for Integrated Services) is GSA's next-generation contract to provide government agencies with contractual solutions to complex professional services-based requirements on a global basis. It addresses the government's growing need for requirements that contain multiple disciplines and supporting IT components and require flexibility for all contract-type task orders and other direct costs. OASIS is a total solutions contract for non-IT professional services requirements.
OASIS includes any and all components required to formulate a total solution to a professional services-based requirement. For task orders placed under OASIS contracts, professional services may be broadly defined as those services provided under one or more of the following core disciplines:
- Program Management Services
- Management Consulting Services
- Logistics Services
- Engineering Services
- Scientific Services
- Financial Management Services
As a premier federal systems integrator offering the full scope of services under the OASIS contract, CACI is the prime choice to support your needs. We provide proven processes to administer every type of GSA task order – small or large, simple or complex. We have a dedicated, comprehensive GSA Program Management Office, global capabilities across the Department of Defense and civilian agencies, and a solid track record of acquisition excellence.
OASIS Contract Numbers:
Contractor DUNS Number: 11-489-6066
CAGE Code: 1QU78
|Task Order Type:
|Scope: Professional and ancillary services worldwide for all federal defense and civilian agencies in the following core disciplines:
|Contract Period: September 3, 2014 - September 2, 2024
Task orders must be solicited and awarded prior to the OASIS term expiring and may extend up to 5 years after the OASIS term expires.
|Prompt Payment Terms: None offered at the vehicle level. At its discretion, CACI may include discounts for prompt payment on individual invoices.|
CACI is qualified to perform work on OASIS because we have had a longstanding and successful partnership history with GSA for more than 15 years, as evidenced by our existing GSA Schedules (including MOBIS, LOGWORLD, PES, Scientific, FABS, and Alliant GWAC, and a host of other multiple-award IDIQ contracts). We have bench strength across the required OASIS mission areas to meet a wide range of task order requirements, as well as the ability to respond quickly to task orders. Additionally, task order risk is reduced because we have comparable programs of size, scope, and complexity relevant to OASIS.
We have an existing range of customers (to draw from for Opportunity Inputs) and contracts across civilian and Department of Defense agencies that can help bring work to the OASIS vehicle. Our proven methodology for task order execution includes the successful use of standards and processes for reducing performance risk, increasing performance quality, and providing real-time visibility into contract and task order performance to our customers and GSA.
We have identified a highly experienced management team with automated tools, processes, and procedures to effectively manage the contract vehicle as well as multiple concurrent task orders. Finally, we are proactive practitioners of applying metrics to performance to ensure client satisfaction and successful task order delivery.
Dedicated, Comprehensive GSA PMO
With our dedicated GSA Program Management Office (PMO) that has been in place for more than 15 years, CACI is ready to guide clients through the process and fully implement solutions on the OASIS vehicle. With PMOs located on both the East and West Coasts, we provide service and support globally.
Led by our GSA/GWAC Program Manager Ted Buford, our dedicated GSA PMO staff provides continuing support for business development, contracts, subcontracts, pricing, and proposals. What's more, the PMO reviews every task order RFQ to ensure it is within the scope of the contract.
In addition to everything else we offer, CACI provides clients with superior support and services because we make customer service part of the process. While we measure our progress with detailed project performance metrics, we measure success through customer satisfaction. We have two robust programs in place that ensure success and solidify our value proposition for clients:
- Excellence+ is our independent assessment program that provides us with objective measurements of customer satisfaction. The information collected helps us improve our quality processes, identify and resolve problems quickly, and measure trends in our performance both over time and against our competition. With Excellence+, we have a benchmark for constantly improving on the highest quality customer care in our industry. CACI professionals are dedicated to close customer interaction to head off problems before they occur and ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Delivery+ is our framework for ensuring high-quality, low-risk solutions and services for CACI clients. Intended for use by project managers and project technical and support staff engaged in developing and delivering solutions and services to CACI clients, it provides a company-wide set of expectations for project execution, as well as reusable and tailorable process assets to help us ensure high quality and reduced risk in every project we deliver.
Benefits of using OASIS include:
- Supports both commercial and non-commercial requirements
- Allows all contract types
- Maximizes opportunities for small businesses
- Streamlined acquisitions and better accountability
- Supports customers with a robust Web Library
- Full-service administrative office for scope reviews and complete lifecycle support
- Enables agencies to concentrate on their missions rather than the acquisition itself – minimizing unnecessary proliferation of interagency and agency-wide contracts
- Reduces the lead time and administrative efforts it currently takes agencies to acquire complex professional services
- Offers on-ramp/off-ramp procedures to ensure a flexible, vibrant vendor pool
To learn more about OASIS, visit the GSA OASIS webpage.
Key Advantages of OASIS
OASIS incorporates the best features of existing GWACs and MACs along with advances in acquisition management:
- Task orders are competed among world-class providers of OASIS professional services
- OASIS provides total integrated solutions by offering a broad range of professional and ancillary services
- Ten-year Multiple Award/Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (MA/IDIQ): five-year base, one five-year option
- Solutions-based contract to include hardware, software, and other ancillary support for integrated multiple professional services solutions
- No maximum or contract ceiling for task orders
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS)
- OASIS is a family of seven separate multiple-award MA/IDIQ task order contracts that span 28 NAICS Codes and 6 NAICS Code exceptions under the economic subsector 541, Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
- Supports various task order contract types
- Fixed Price (FPI, FPAF)
- Cost (CPFF, CPIF, CPAF)
- Time and Material and Labor Hour
- For use by federal and DoD agencies with delegation of authority from GSA
- Ability to support regional and global multiple professional service discipline requirements
- Increased small business subcontracting goals
- Top Secret facility clearance required
- Approved cost accounting system required
- Task order ordering guide available
- Agencies can use GSA's assisted services for contract support
- 0.75% contract access fee
At CACI, we believe that working with small businesses brings capabilities, skill sets, and technologies that can give us a competitive edge on contract bids while helping our small business partners grow into new markets and become more competitive. As an information solutions and services company supporting national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian clients, partnerships with small businesses are an integral part of our growth.
To support these efforts, we have established the CACI Small Business Advocacy Office (SBAO), through which we can work with our small business partners to help them enhance their government contracting capabilities and identify potential new partners with which to establish mutually beneficial relationships.
Visit the SAM web page at https://www.sam.gov/SAM/, click the Search Records button, enter the DUNS 114896066, and click the Search button to verify that the information is correct.
For more information on OASIS, visit the following pages: