CACI provides our clients with experiences ranging from static-based content accessible from mobile devices to feature-rich, native-device mobile applications. We provide intuitive mobility solutions for our federal and commercial clients. Our capabilities include:
Mission application development
CACI provides award-winning native mobile applications development for Blackberry, Android, iOS (Apple), and Microsoft's mobile-based platform. For cost-conscious clients, we offer device-agnostic HTML 5 applications to reduce the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of software development. To date, we have produced more than 90 mobile apps, and have received Davey and AVA Awards for our work. Examples of our mobile apps are available in the Apple Applications Store and Android Marketplace (search CACI).
- Secure application development: In partnership with Appcelerator, provider of a leading mobile engagement platform, we offer a comprehensive solution set for rapidly developing secure mobile apps for federal customers. By combining our automated security testing, compliance testing, and vulnerability detection capabilities with Appcelerator's platform for creating, delivering, and analyzing apps, this partnership enables our customers to quickly deploy mobile apps at a decreased cost and for a higher return on investment. Our security process tests for vulnerabilities and certifies every app to be clean, and our network testing process also provides assurance that apps perform as required on our customers' networks, taking into consideration items such as bandwidth and wireless security. Our FIPS 140-2-certified mobile apps ensure security of mobile application management to meet the government's information assurance compliance requirements.
Mobility strategy, vision, and consultancy
CACI's mobility strategy, vision, and consultancy services help our clients develop strategies for organizational implementation of mobility services.
- Mobile mission strategy, planning, and execution: From mobility technology strategy and planning to delivery, CACI provides expertise in mobility mission and enterprise enablement. Our offerings include translating requirements into configured systems architectures, systems and architecture assessment and testing, characterizing and managing risk, technology operational transitioning, and verifying that designs meet end users' operational needs. Additionally, we provide key program management support services that include mobility architecture and systems engineering, project and portfolio management, strategy and policy support, complex trade analyses, and operations support. We tailor these services to meet our clients' needs through our Service Level Agreement (SLA) development and Return on Investment (ROI) metrics tracking capabilities.
- Mobile enterprise transformation: CACI guides our clients through the complex world of mobility enterprise transformation by applying world-class enterprise-adaptive techniques to subsume the commercial benefits of the latest mobile technology trends.
- Mobile professional services: Our mobility-based professional services include mobile applications development, mobility enterprise consulting, and mobility training.
- Mobile security, information assurance, and audit services: CACI's security and audit assessment services range from security posture assessments to mobility cyber enterprise assessments to cataloging mobility technologies.
- Mobile program management support: Our services include translating requirements into configured systems, integrating technical inputs, characterizing and managing risk, transitioning technology, and verifying that designs meet end users' operational needs. Additionally, we provide key program management services that include contract management, operations support, architecture and systems engineering, project and portfolio management, strategy and policy support, and complex trade analyses.
Specialized security solutions
CACI has provided unique mobile-based products since 1984. From this time, our efforts have evolved to include solutions in the smartphone and computing tablet marketplaces. We currently offer a range of modified devices that are ideal for government use.
- Specialized security form factors: CACI modifies devices and special form factors to comply with government security standards and enable use in cleared spaces and classified settings. We produce secure iPads and Android tablets, for example, by physically removing any components that elicit communications, signals, or detectable energy-based output. Download our flyer on secure tablets to learn more.
- Forensics: CACI offers court-tested mobile forensic analysis services.
- Reverse engineering and exploitation services: CACI offers mobile software and malware reverse engineering services to support complex security assessments. We also perform other specialized network and cellular exploitation services for our national security clients.
- Firewalls and malware: CACI offers a host-based firewall capability for the Android mobile platform (CACI Brickwall). This proactive solution is the only one of its kind that does real-time interception of network connections and offers users the opportunity to cancel or allow connection. It allows the user to take greater control over the device's security and prevents exfiltration of data due to the presence of malware.
- Network obfuscation: In network security, obfuscation refers to methods used to obscure network traffic from a host environment. CACI offers solutions to cloak network traffic in operational environments in order to meet mission requirements.
Mission application development
CACI provides award-winning native mobile applications development for Blackberry, Android, iOS (Apple), and Microsoft's mobile-based platform. For cost-conscious clients, we offer device-agnostic HTML 5 applications to reduce the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of software development. To date, we have produced more than 50 mobile apps, and have received Davey and AVA Awards for our work. Examples of our mobile apps are available in the Apple Applications Store and Android Marketplace (search CACI).
- Software-aided development: Through our process-driven Staging and Support Environment (SSE), we provide developers (CACI and/or contractors) with an assured way to get their applications tested, certified, and distributed to users. Interoperability and network testing are just some of the services we provide to developers and testers for secure mobile application management and provisioning.
- Information Assurance (IA) tools: CACI's Android Code Assessment Tool (ACAT) is an Information Assurance (IA) tool for security assessment of Android code prior to the provisioning of a mobile app to users. This proactive automated scanning tool catches vulnerabilities before they occur by providing indicators for coding vulnerabilities that can lead to exploit by malicious users, as well as specific advice – down to the source code line number – for fixing these issues. ACAT also provides a vulnerability discussion and links to additional resources, thus reducing R&D downtime and improving ROI to the organization. ACAT's automation covers static code analysis of vulnerabilities specific to Android, dynamic (i.e., run-time) analysis, and even binary disassembly of compiled apps. ACAT's primary purpose is to support the CACI SSE, though it also serves as a standalone solution.
- Application certification & accreditation (C&A) environments: CACI's certified methodology for C&A, or vetting, of mobile apps prior to provisioning to a device involves checking and reporting on viruses, malware, unauthorized connectivity/data/information transfer, and human interfacing standards.
- Application validation environments: CACI's cloud-hosted environment for mission-assured mobile applications provides controlled access and security for app developers. This environment comes with a requirement validation and check for the usability of submitted apps and offers collaboration among the user community to pick best-of-breed apps based on user needs.
- Systems integration: CACI integrates our mobility solutions with our clients' legacy CONUS or OCONUS theater environments through forward-deployed mobility-enabled cloud environments. These deployed solutions allow for interoperability with legacy-based systems.
- Secure application development: CACI's security process tests for vulnerabilities and certifies every app to be clean. Our network testing process also provides assurance that apps perform as required on our customers' networks, taking into consideration items such as bandwidth and wireless security. Our FIPS 140-2-certified mobile apps ensure security of mobile application management to meet the government's information assurance compliance requirements.
- Developer support environments: Our feature-rich, virtualized, and secure development environment provides support tailored to device-agnostic platforms, as well as collaboration capabilities. Benefits include secure development of applications, reuse of previously developed functions and components, and agile development through close collaboration with the user community – all of which provide our clients long-term savings.
- Apple iBooks development: Apple iBooks is an application for mobile devices that reduces the costs of traditional paperback books and facilitates learning through enjoyable, content-rich interactive media. CACI develops iBooks and other mobile device training solutions for clients who want to lower the TCO of training materials. Recent studies have shown increases of 30 percent greater retention of information in students who use iBooks over traditional paperbacks.
Secure communications solutions
CACI's mobility innovations provide comprehensive solutions to address the challenges of securely managing the connection of mobile devices into an organization's internal network. Based fully on DoD security criteria, our architecture mitigates data-at-rest issues found in today's IT architecture while enabling significant reduction in operating expenses and increasing return on investment.
- Secure wireless: CACI offers a wide array of secure wireless and WiFi capabilities to meet mission requirements. These capabilities include secure connectivity to and from the user as well as "red team" or special consulting for wireless/signal/energy detection analysis.
- Secure transport: CACI supports the government with private 2G, 3G, and 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) solutions that enable forward-deployed mobile users to transmit data to and from any mobile terminal device. Used for missions in areas that may have little to no existing cellular coverage, these private cellular networks are safe, secure, and cost effective. These networks may include secure satellite-based connectivity to meet mission requirements, and CACI has the capability to stand up secure private networks on short notice to meet the needs of the mission.
- Secure voice, messaging, and video: Cell phone calls are vulnerable to a myriad of attacks from insiders, the network and device itself, and passive and active radio. CACI's secure voice solutions tap into an encrypted content delivery network to detect and indicate a secure call setup, therefore preventing interception attacks. CACI's voice, messaging (SMS), and video solutions are available for government communications at classified levels (secret and top secret).
CACI's mobility solutions allow for secure delivery of client information based on location-based attributes.
- Geofencing: This perimeter-based solution uses WiFi fencing to allow and/or restrict application and device usage based on a user and location.
- Location awareness engineering: Our location awareness solutions grant or restrict information based on users' locations. This method uses location to determine information access and replaces legacy information access methods. Our capabilities enable critical information to be quickly pushed to users to inform them of alerts or threats.
- Patented mobile mapping: CACI possesses a key patent in the use of mobility with maps. Our patent includes a network and method to establish real-time location-based mapping services for client mobile information dissemination to the enterprise and other users.
Enterprise mobility solutions
CACI leverages our industry-leading cloud capabilities for mobility-enabled solutions. We host clients in our private cloud for secure information access to and from a mobile device or leverage our clients' existing clouds. Our enterprise mobility solutions include:
- Mobility IaaS, Saas, and PaaS: CACI's cloud-based services are amplified through the use of mobility. To lower overhead costs, we use deployable packaged Mobility SaaS (Software as a Service) environments or mobility-based IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) and PaaS (Platform as a Service) offerings. We host these services within the CACI private or public cloud or integrate them into existing enterprises.
- Secure application provisioning: The CACI Application Marketplace is a federal Mobile Application Store (MAS) developed specifically to avoid limited source code access problems with commercial proprietary provisioning platforms. Built for government flexibility, it provides secure storage and delivery of enterprise apps in a multi-platform environment, searchable by use and mission, as well as controls to limit access only to authorized users via secure authentication and user group assignment. It offers a robust alternative to commercial applications stores for distributing enterprise applications in a secure, cost-effective environment. CACI's Application Marketplace provides assurance that the end user gets an approved and safe app. As an AES 256k encrypted solution, it is a secure, agile, and mission-driven way to deliver applications to users in the field.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM): Built upon industry-leading support platforms, CACI's Mobile Device Management (MDM) services provide role-based provisioning of a mobile application set tailored to users, with configuration control of the entire mobile device based on individual role and mission profiles. CACI-enhanced capabilities include rapid delivery of apps to users and the ability to control functionality depending on user location, which increases flexibility of mobile platform usage while preserving operational security.
- Attribute Based Access Controls (ABAC): CACI's MDM and MAS security modeling works in conjunction with Attribute Based Access Controls. ABAC provides a framework for dynamic access control to resources across administrative and organizational boundaries within the enterprise and with external partners.
- Cloud services: The foundation of CACI's mobility architecture centers on secure cloud provisioning of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI). Our cloud services provide many benefits, including a focus on the end users and their ability to perform the mission of the organization; increased security posture for users, companies, and government; service levels that measure the true end user experience; and significant cost savings.
- Enterprise audit and security: CACI provides developers with static testing, automated testing, network vulnerability testing, and assistance in resolving issues. We assure that the app is secure and functions without jeopardizing the mission or the transport network.
- Managed services: CACI provides full end-to-end managed services capabilities for mobility. We tailor these services to meet our clients' needs through our Service Level Agreement (SLA) development and Return on Investment (ROI) metrics tracking capabilities.
Data and content management solutions
CACI leverages its team of strategic communication experts to deliver both content development and graphic design for mobile platforms.
- Mobile graphic artist services: CACI offers high-end, fully cleared staff for mobile product development and production support. Mobile solutions are becoming a replacement for traditional PowerPoint presentations because advanced briefings with graphics and animation can quickly communicate information in a visual context. By reducing the legacy line of PowerPoint demonstrations, mobile solutions cut down on both time and money.
- Content management solutions: CACI offers unique mobile platforms for content and knowledge management solutions. These tools provide rapid exchange and auditing of information from the user back to the enterprise as well as content and configuration management controls for the versioning of software, mobile applications, and data sets.