Capabilities – KM Consulting
CACI's Knowledge Management (KM) consulting practice takes a personal approach to solving your KM challenges, providing solutions tailored to your specific requirements. By considering a comprehensive set of factors impacting how you make decisions, you get the most appropriate answer – one uniquely suited to your situation. With our approach, you avoid the generic "out-of-the-box" solution that doesn't deliver and only ends up costing you additional time and money. We skillfully combine your people with proven processes and technology, and deliver solutions uniquely suited to achieving success.
Our industry-leading knowledge management solutions and services help you bring order to data and information chaos, improve efficiency, reduce costs, and sharpen your business decision-making processes. We automate your data, information, and knowledge lifecycle using world-class, state-of-the-art, commercial off-the-shelf and custom-developed technology, business processes, and consulting services. Our Big Data analytic capabilities enhance your understanding of any given situation. Our services and solutions capture, transform, organize, create, and make available information that delivers critical key benefits, including:
- Faster decision cycles
- Improved performance
- Improved innovation and learning
- Locating and leveraging expertise
- Managing intellectual capital
- Improved customer service
- Faster delivery of products or services
Our full-spectrum KM consulting capabilities include:
CACI's KM consulting practice can conduct assessments of your organization to obtain an indication of the organization’s health in terms of collaboration, knowledge creation and sharing, knowledge capture and transfer, and ultimately other knowledge management processes such as strategic and business planning and execution. Our knowledge assessments facilitate identifying performance gaps between what your organization is doing and what it should be doing, and between what your organization currently knows and what it must know to achieve its performance goals and maintain its competitive advantage.
As part of your knowledge assessment, we develop your organization's knowledge strategy, and help you apply the most appropriate and effective knowledge management solutions and methods. Your knowledge assessment will extend well beyond enterprise-wide technology and take into account the people who will actually use it and contribute to its success, your business processes, and the culture, structure and leadership of your organization as well.
CACI's knowledge assessment methodology identifies:
- Performance gaps affecting areas such as collaboration, knowledge retention, and decision support
- Factors contributing to those gaps
- The impact each gap has on the organization
- Recommendations for strategies and approaches to close those gaps
- Priorities for addressing the gaps
A critical component of your knowledge assessment is the successful implementation of the knowledge management strategy developed as a result of the assessment. CACI’s knowledge assessment team will continue to support you as you implement your strategy after the assessment.
Knowledge capture and transfer
The knowledge capital successful organizations accrue inevitably slips away when the most experienced and competent employees or members either retire or migrate to other organizations. CACI helps clients mitigate this threat by establishing an effective learning capability dedicated to the capture and transfer of knowledge between senior and junior, outgoing and incoming, and reassigned employees. These efforts routinely result in a significant increase in the performance of any given organization. Our approach builds an effective and efficient capability to replicate within your workforce "adaptive expertise" – the ability to fluidly and flexibly apply learned information across a variety of domains, transferring knowledge and skills gained from discreet events and dynamically applying them to novel and changing circumstances.
CACI offers clients the qualifications, experience, expertise, and commitment necessary to develop and implement its KM initiatives and provide them with the imagination and innovation required to evolve KM efforts to the desired level. With our approach, we achieve four goals:
- 1 - Facilitate the process of capturing and transferring the essential knowledge to selected learners, not only during both the Transition-In and Transition-Out phases, but during the entire Period of Performance as well
- 2 - Underscore the value of participating in knowledge capture and transfer (KCT) programs, both to the individual and to the organization.
- 3 - Gain cultural acceptance of KCT in general and the client's efforts in particular.
- 4 - Transfer the capability to sustain various KCT efforts to client personnel. CACI's approach generates a "high-fidelity feedback loop" – the essential connection within a learning community between knowledge source and consumer. CACI's approach is designed to provide the client with an effective and sustainable KCT capability long after the contract has ended.
CACI's KM team provides world-class technology, business processes, and consulting services to fulfill our clients’ unique data, information, and knowledge requirements. Our services and solutions capture, transform, organize, create, and make available data, information, and knowledge that deliver a number of key benefits:
- Accelerate decision cycles and improve performance
- Facilitate innovation and learning
- Locate and leverage expertise
- Manage intellectual capital
- Improve customer service
- Speed delivery of the product or service