Budget and Financial Management Links
Best Practices Federal Financial Management
The President's Management Agenda demands that federal agencies improve financial accountability and efficiency. Evolving financial system standards from the Joint Financial Management Improvement Program (JFMIP) pressure agencies to meet expanded federal specific financial management system requirements. In addition, shrinking IT budgets and the emergence of the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) demand that agencies use financial systems with flexible, open technology standards.
CACI offers a federal financial management solution - the Momentum' Enterprise Solution - built specifically to help federal agencies address these and other difficult challenges.
Momentum was created using best practices from more than 30 years of experience in building and implementing federal financial management systems. Momentum
- Performs core federal financial system functions, including
- General ledger management
- Funds management
- Payment management
- Receivables management
- Cost management
- External reporting - certified as compliant with extensive new JFMIP financial system requirements
- Extends beyond core JFMIP financial system requirements to support complex federal financial management activities, the complete federal budget cycle, the complete federal acquisition lifecycle and credit card reconciliation
- Applies open web technology standards to simplify system deployment and enable interoperability with external systems
- Provides configuration options that allow federal agencies to implement Momentum with zero customizations or software extensions