September 16, 2016
CACI Celebrates the Air Force's 69th Birthday
While today's United States Air Force is a smaller fighting force than it was when it became a service in 1947, the demands on it are as great as ever. As we join the Air Force in celebrating its 69th birthday, we at CACI are reminded of just how important our solutions and services are to America's flying forces.
The U.S. Air Force has five core missions, conducted in air, space, and cyberspace. And CACI supports each one.
- Air and Space Superiority. The Air Force defines this as freedom from attack … and freedom to attack. The mission is to ensure control of the air so that our military forces have the freedom to attack on the ground, at sea, or in the air.
- Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR). Described as one of the service's “calling cards,” globally integrated Air Force ISR enables our military to identify and assess adversaries and give combatant commanders the battlefield edge.
- Rapid Global Mobility. From the Berlin Airlift through today, when Air Force transport aircraft leave on a mission every 90 seconds, Airmen answer the call to swiftly deliver essential equipment and personnel for everything from combat to humanitarian relief.
- Global Strike. The Air Force is key to projecting American military power, and can do so more rapidly, more flexibly, and with a lighter footprint than other military options, anywhere around the world.
- Command and Control. The core mission underpinning all others, this is the Air Force's ability to build, manage, secure, and advance the complex communications and information networks needed to support all core missions.
CACI has served these missions for over 45 years. Our Command and Control and Communications capabilities provide tools and resources to conduct the highly coordinated operations necessary for each core mission. Our wide-ranging Intelligence Services, Intelligence Systems and Support, and Surveillance and Reconnaissance capabilities deliver needed data to Air Force decision-makers, and our Cyber Security support protects that data from adversaries. Our Logistics and Material Readiness capabilities help keep aircraft flying across joint missions of all kinds. And this is just a sample of our support.
As we honor the Air Force for its vital role in America's national security, CACI rededicates itself to supporting the service's missions, and the men and women who carry them out.